This is one of those small things that changed my life forever!
5 Reasons to freeze cake and muffin batter
- You are craving a warm piece of cake after dinner but are too lazy to get out the mixer
- You are in charge of bringing a snack today….but forgot
- You are about to make something for dessert and realize you don’t have all of the ingredients
- Unexpected guests stop by and you have nothing to serve
- Save time, save energy, save dishes!
I make a lot of muffins and snack cakes to serve at out music studio to parents and students. Sometimes I find myself baking every morning when I get up. It creates lots of dishes, uses lots of electricity running the mixer and takes too much time when I have a long list of to-do’s.
I got smart eventually and every time I made a batch of batter, I would double it up. Bake one batch normally and put the other batch in muffin liners or a cake pan with parchment paper and stick it in the freezer. Let freeze and put the frozen batter in a zip lock baggie for future baking.
When you want cake or a muffin, just put the frozen batter back into the pan and right into the oven. Add 10 extra minutes to the baking time. You can bake as many as you want this way. If you want two muffins after dinner….they will be ready in 25 minutes 🙂
I think this is the first post I have written about saving time instead of money. Hope you can use this handy little trick.
Now to enjoy some banana bread with my coffee!!