Yesterday was my man’s 45th birthday. Since I have been sick at home with the worlds WORST toothache all week, I didn’t get a chance to get out and get him a special present. It was stressing me out, until I came up with a cute little idea!
Who doesn’t want to feel like a kid again on their 45th birthday. This was such a great idea that I would like to make it a tradition. Seeing his eyes light up as he searched the house for his next present was the highlight of my year! So much excitement for a bunch of Dollar Store items 🙂
He came home to this on the fridge….
He opened the card and the hunt began!!!!
1. In the card – a scratch ticket
2. In a Bombay Bag – A Pair of Sunglasses
3. Hanging by the back door – A Neck Pillow
4. Laying on a pile of laminate flooring in the guest room – Comfy Pants
5. Inside one of his leather jacket pockets – Beef Jerky and Pepperoni’s
6. Inside the freezer – Bag of candy peaches (his favourite!)
7. Found under my gardening crocs – Shoe insouls
8. Found inside the living room lamp – A flashlight and two lighters
9. Found behind a dove bell – Cologne
10. Found on a pile of plates in the dining room (we are still in renovations!) – Hair wax
11. Found in the pantry beside the marshmellows – A ratchet set
12. Found in the linen closet – a nice bottle of wine
We then had chicken parmesan and maple walnut ice cream with candles (He isn’t a big cake person)!!!